Welcome to Olinda Community Pool
OLINDA COMMUNITY POOL : OPENING UPDATE : SEASON 2020/2021
We will be posting all DAILY notifications via our Facebook page.
Obviously the situation / processes may change due to COVID. Here is our current news, based on the DHHS update 22/11/20.
We are opening on Saturday 5th December, 12pm to 7pm. Yay!
Bookings will not be required.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED :
- Our staff, all of last years awesome team are back on deck.
- Our prices, we’ve managed to keep them the same.
- Our desire to provide the best community hub over summer.
- Change rooms are open as normal, physical distancing & face masks apply.
- Our team will be cleaning regularly to keep everyone safe.
- We are still run by a wonderful and committed volunteer group.
- Our hours and our hot and cold weather opening policies.
WHAT HAS CHANGED:
- Our lifeguards and entry volunteers will be keeping track of numbers, please respect this and ensure you count in and out.
- We are subject to the 1 person per 4sqm rule, and a 300 person cap inside the grounds.
- Shared equipment, kick-boards and noodles etc, will not be available, individuals please bring their own.
- Our shared BBQ will not be available until further notice.
- All patrons over 12 must BRING a fitted face mask to the pool to use in the change-rooms.
- Physical distancing must be upheld whilst on the pool grounds and, as much as possible, whilst in the pools.
- Currently, masks will not we required in the outdoor areas of the pool grounds.
- There are no VicSwim swimming lessons this season.
- If you are unwell or experiencing symptoms, please don’t come to the pool and get tested.
- All visitors (swimming or not) are to check into the pool via our QR Code every time, which you’ll find at the entry gates.
- If you don’t have or bring a smart phone, you can log your visit via entry iPad.
- This is mandatory for our contact tracing requirements.
- If we’re at capacity, we will ask you to patiently wait until it frees up.
- We’re asking patrons to keep their visits to 90 minutes maximum, to ensure everyone can swim.
- Family passes will be available from opening.
- We have extended the runoff length on the kids slide.
- We now have amazing new lane ropes.
- The toddler pool now has two wide concrete steps to help little-uns in and out.
- Please be safe, be kind, be patient, be grateful for our ability to open this season!
- Let’s see the wonderful hills community love on show daily. We’re doing our best navigating all restrictions, and understand you are too.
Any questions, as always – please get in touch.